eSOL conducts CUSTOM BUSINESS CONSULTING to facilitate the transfer of emerging simulation
and optimization technologies through rapid prototyping and has particular expertise
and interest in the following areas:
- Logistics and Distribution: Developing improved models and more effective methods in manufacturing, logistics,
resource management, and distribution.
- Biotechnology and Health Sciences: Developing more effective models and methods for determining optimal schedules and
- Information & Computer Technology: Developing faster, more effective ways to identify, store, and access information
in massively large databases; creating more effective access to software and services
via the web; and improving software designs for translating algorithmic or simulation
processes into computer packages.
- Marketing: Identifying key consumer attributes that translate into demands for specific product
offerings, designing product bundles for particular market segments, and identifying
critical service features that affect customer satisfaction.
- Finance: Developing improved bases for evaluating credit and loan applications, creating
new methods to account for uncertainty, and identifying effective fund management
- Healthcare: Solving challenges which span multiple fields of study, patient logistics, RFID
technology, staffing, and optimal care cost/fit.
enterprise Simulation and Optimization Lab (eSOL)
365 Innovation Drive, Suite 201
FedEx Institute of Technology
The University of Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee 38152-3115